Monday, August 6, 2012

Top 8 Google Searches


This is how I feel when I check blog stats. 

One of my favorite parts about blogging is checking the stats (i.e., number of views each post gets, and the relevant traffic sources).  However, apparently one of the blogging commandments is that you shall not check your blog stats obsessively. I guess I have blasphemed the blogging gods.  I love checking the statisticals. Even if they are depressingly low, I cannot resist.  I even created an Excel spreadsheet that includes the total views per post, and the number of days each post is in existence, thereby allowing me to calculate the average views per day, and rank each post accordingly. I now give you permission to call me a nerd.  

Anythewho. Not only do I take strange delight in checking the stats, but I also particularly enjoy seeing what Google searches have led readers to my writing refuge.  Below is a count-down of my Favor-Eight (do you get it? Do you like what I did with that??) searches:

8) "Is making collages crazy?"  I don't know.  Is your face crazy?

7) "Do new yorkers talk to strangers?" Yes, yes we do! I'm glad my post was able to answer this life-altering question.

6) "Gay fashionista marries boyfriend" Apparently this led someone to one of my fashion forward posts, though I don't believe I addressed any such subject.

5) "How do new yorkers dress?" I must say that I am quite honored that my blog is a result for such a search.  I feel so fames! 

4) "How do new yorkers say hi to each other?"    Sometimes we say, "hi." Or "hello."  Or, "step off, birtch!" (JK - I never speak in such a manner). 

3) "Hide drinking from conservative roommates"  The real question here is who searches this and expects to find legit advice on the world wide web?  My post really has nothing to do with the topic, but whatevs.

2) "Am I going to meet Tim Tebow?" Can I tell you that I LOVE the fact that my engagement post is the NUMBER 2 search result for this?  Also, to whomever searched this, the internet is not a magic eight-ball.  Please consult your local psychic.  Or your common sense.  The answer is probably "no." Unless of course you're a gator.  Chomp Chomp.

And lastly, my absolute favorite....

1) "Carlos bakery nude"  Oh my. Whoever performed this search, please stand up.  I must know who you are.  Were you wondering whether you could go into Carlos' Bake Shop nude?  Do tell.  This one is just simply amazing. 


And on that note.. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment