Saturday, August 4, 2012

We PARTY

Last night we had our final 9J apartment party.  Three of us are moving out and Jill is staying and moving on with new roomies. Although I'm incredibly excited to be making a change in location (Philadelphia, if you didn't know) and life, I am more than sad to be leaving the life I've had for 3 years of coming home every night to some of my best friends.  I could get really mushy right now, but since I don't want to cry at the moment (I already cried this week about puffins -- did you know they were real?!), I'll keep this upbeat! Here's a glimpse of some of my favorite parties over the years.  :)

*******

Halloween Pumpkin party. Pumpkin carving, hot apple cider, roasted pumpkin seeds, banana bread, apple cider donuts. Need I say more?

Mmm yummers. Pumpking gook.






Some sweet carving.
One Shady Night (my 25th birthday party).  There was only one requirement for this celebratory evening: everyone wear sunglasses.  Our night began with a 22A pre-party with dancing, strawberries & champagne & pretty headbands for my favorite ladies :) We then migrated to our ultimate destination, Pheobes NYC, for the main event.  The night closed out perfectly when "Sunglassess at Night" played just for me. :)



Pre-party. Jaclyn flew up for the occasion. :)

Sissy flew up, too, the night before. So spontaneous! 
Strawberries & champagne @ the preparty.



Sporting our sunglasses. At night.

The original 22A: Jill, me and Kelly.

Shaking my groove thang.

Party essentials: champagne, shades, chocolate, flowers.

Plaid party.  Though I wasn't the host, it was one of my fave NYC house parties hosted by my then-new friend, Fred.  One night Jill and I suggested we have a plaid party, and Fred ran with it.  Awesome time.

Me and Fiance-Matt. This was one of our first hang-outs as a couple. Early signs of a bright future :)

Roommate Matt and Jill (with long hair!)



Randomonium. Just a fun night of dancing on the town with the original 22A girls at Pheobe's (apparently the hot spot that year).

Jill's infamous straw.. perfect for getting free drinks!

Me proud of my catch.  Also quite sweaty.

Party @ the Pier (Jill's birthday).  Picnic, games, friends. What more could you ask for?


Fiance, me, Heather and Jeff. Love my peeps :)

22A (version 2)

Master piece!

Egg toss. Bringing it back old school.

Halloween Party (Numero dos). Soooo this was a fun one. We intended on having an open house to meet our neighbors. What ensued was an adventurous night of Jill and I recruiting neighbors via knocking on doors and singing them a Halloween rap, and handing out flyers in the lobby. Shameless I tell you, shameless.  Don't be a jelly-bean.




Sexy skeleton. 
Devising our recruiting strategy.

Flyering.  They only thought we were a little cray cray.
Taking a break to get our scare on.

Inter-floor traveling in between rap performances.



Pink Party (my 26th birthday).  Perfect celebration with everything PINK! Pink balloons on the wall served as the guest book.  Mini pink cupcakes with pink sugary sparkles. All topped off with a pink wig from Heather (I may or may not have used the name "Candy" that night).

Fiance showing his support by wearing a pink polo. Thanks BAYYBBB!

Me and Els. Dancing it up. 

Me, Erica and Eleanor enjoying the mini pinks. 

Love at first hair-grab.

9J Housewarming/My 27th birthday. Most rambunctious festivities I have ever partaken in.  We got shut down at 2AM by a grumpy neighbor lady yelling at me for acting like we were in an "F-ing dormitory." Woopsies! (it was worth it though :)

Miami vice. Bronze and loving it.


Collage of 9J roomies made by Matt :)

Surprised by a cake straight from Carlo's bake shop. 

Matt's bday at Stout.  More cake and friends!






And last but not least...

Our Final 9J party (last night). Sprinkles cupcakes, dollars flying everywhere, and dance party central. Such fun :)

Hand crafted Facebook ads by Matt. 


Showing Jill some extra love.

Paige came! 2 of my longest time friends :)



And that's all, folks.  My time here is almost a wrap, but you can bet your bottom dollar the party will continue on in PHILLY! WOOOP!


No comments:

Post a Comment