Sunday, March 25, 2012

SOHO Spottings

Sorry, my beloved readers, that I have been M.I.A. from the blog scene for 16 days.  That's what tax season will do to a girl.  A few Sundays ago, I sprung free from work and romped around in Soho with roommate-Matt.  We had mini photo shoots at graffitied walls, pretended we were in the market for Chanel and Burberry garb, and laughed.. a lot :) Throughout our meanderings, I spotted a few cool nooks and crannies I'd like to re-visit. Enjoy!


First stop:  Aroma Espresso Bar. Matt and I stopped in for a shot of energy and warmth.  I enjoyed a frothy cappuccino, and particularly liked the complimentary chocolate served along with it :)  

My orderings.



Spotted: swanky Matt posing with the cool decor of the shop. 


Stop 2: Abandoned pool. Just looked cool. 



Vin et Fleurs.  The charm of this restaurant grabbed me; I had to stop for a photo.  With a name meaning "wine and flowers," what more could a girl want? Adding this one to my list of restaurants to visit. Who's with me?







Quaint and cozy.


Smallest car wash ever! I didn't even know NYC had car washes aside from the ugly ones on the West side used by taxi cabs.  This one was charming and cute (yes, car washes can be charming and cute when they are tiny)!

                                          




Lani Kai.  This "new American with a Polynesian flare" cocktail lounge and restaurant makes me think of Hawaii.  I've never been to a place strictly for cocktails, but I think this might be the place to do it.  Pacific Swizzle, Teeny Weeny Hot Bikini and Bermuda Triangle -- Count me in for drinks with names like these! When the weather gets a bit warmer, I will be there with a hibiscus in my hair :)






Kittichai = fancy Thai. Matt had heard of this restaurant before, though I hadn't.  When we walked by, the landscaping covering the windows intrigued me. I imagined sitting inside with dim candle lighting enjoying Thai food surrounded by bamboo plants. Can anyone say "date night?"



I feel re-inspired to re-discover new New York now that the cold weather is breaking. Though I've been in hibernation, I am ready to rediscover this City and its endless treasures during my last few months here.   When did you last take the time to rediscover your city or town? What treasures did you uncover?

2 comments:

  1. i'll go to wine and flowers with you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! next time you come up let's go :) sister date !

    ReplyDelete