Saturday, September 15, 2012

We Leave.

I did it. I left New York City. I am now a resident of Philadelphia as we speak.  Wowza...It's offish!

With my first two weeks of Philly living behind me, I realized I have neglected the land 'o the blog for quite some time. I knew it was bound to happen since Fiance-Matt and I were so wrapped up in moving, but my apologies nonetheless.  To fill you in on the gaps of the past month, here's a quick run-through of the events that occurred. 

My last weekend in Manhattan was awesome. Long-time Bestie Paige came to visit. Though we were supposed to spend most of Saturday packing, we ended up eating macarons, shopping for extra large Michael Kors rose gold watches, dining at Lord Disick's restaurant, having "drinks" (and by drinks I mean watered down juice with a splash of alcohol) at a bar filled with fresh post-college-grads (we felt old), and attempting to get into a gay bar.  'Twas a good way to end my 4.5 years in New York :)

A little arm party. Paige on top, friend-Matt in the middle, me on the bottom. Woop!

Matt & Paige at Ryu.

Our chopstick-wands for the evening :) Best part of the night. 

Cab fun.


The last week at work in NYC was hectic, but I had a fabulous work happy hour. Bunches of my dear co-workers and friends came to see my off. Sadly I didn't get any pictures so you will just have to use your imagination to visualize accountants at a bar being happy for an hour.

As for the move itself, my awesome sister Meg and bro-in-law Jeremy, my muscle-man fiance-Matt, and his parents came to help us move.  Matt, Jeremy and Matt's dad did the heavy lifting and finished the move out of the NY apartment in just over an hour... amazing! Of course Meg and I did important things like watch over the U-haul, secure parking spots and galavant to the local deli to pick up cold beverages for the men-folk.  A few images of Meg working hard....

Meg holding down the parking spot. She's a wo-manimal.

Providing the workers with a little entertainment.. a song and jig, if you will.

Work it, work it! That's her jammmmm, y'all.



Oh yes, we were moving, too.


Oh what, you were trying to lift heavy furniture? I'm sorry! I don't care.. I need a hug!

Men men men, me-men me men men. Mennnnnn.

And the last picture of this blog... My parting image of New York as we drove away. But no fear my friends: I will be starting a new Philadelphia blog shortly and will link this one to it.  Stay tuned!




2 comments:

  1. Love you seeeeeeeeester! Can't wait for the new bloggie!!! But now I will be a PART of your adventures....wooooooT!

    ReplyDelete